Corporate social responsibility is increasingly becoming the subject of discussion in the commercial sector. Whereas efficiency and cost savings were initially the reasons for sustainable entrepreneurship, the focus is now on attitude and behaviour. TKF has been well aware of its social responsibility for sustainability for years. Corporate Social Responsibility is therefore one of TKF's strategic and future-oriented key areas.
TKF's four key elements to CSR are:
The social aspect of entrepreneurship for TKF staff.
- Ensuring a safe and healthy work environment
- Providing opportunities for development, thereby retaining and engaging TKF employees
- Being socially responsible towards the organisation as an employer
Concern about the environment and climate change, effect of entrepreneurship on the natural environment.
- TKF contributes to a better climate with an energy reduction programme
- More efficient commodity chains through reduction and separation of waste
The economic aspect of entrepreneurship, precondition for the continuity of TKF.
- Ingenuity as one of the pillars at TKF for further growth
- Sustainability in the chain
The position and distinctive character of the company in the area.
- A balanced and sustainable product and customer portfolio
- TKF provides (sponsor) contributions to society
- Maintaining a good reputation
These four Ps are consistent themes at TKF and are subject to continuous assessment by stakeholders. This partly explains why increased attention has recently been paid to its CO2 emissions. One of the effects of the CO2 reduction programme is the TKF Carbon Footprint. CSR is substantiated in short- and long-term plans.
Employees & Training Programmes
TKF makes the necessary capacity and resources available for CSR requirements. Employees attend training courses in order to provide the right contribution within their area of responsibility. TKF has created the CSR performance ladder to raise awareness among TKF employees of their contribution to society. This makes TKF processes more transparent and savings on raw materials and energy are easier to understand.
Based on the certification, TKF demonstrates its policy and ambitions in this area. This also includes various areas of interest, such as the social aspect of entrepreneurship and constant attention to the environment and climate. Therefore, TKF expressly sees CSR as an internal and external area that merits specific action.
TKF is aware that the expectations of its stakeholders are determined by their own circumstances. Therefore, CSR is not the ultimate goal for TKF, but a continuous process. TKF has conducted large-scale research into the expectations of its external stakeholders, including customers, partners, suppliers and the government.
Inventoried expectations have led to the following CSR priorities, among others:
- Structured attention to employee satisfaction surveys and the TKF training plan
- Continued focus on a safe and healthy work environment within the company, for both employees and visitors to TKF
- Minimisation of nuisance (e.g. noise and vibration complaints) for the neighbourhood residents of TKF
- Signing of the Code of Supply by all vendors, Corporate Social Responsibility is an essential part of this
- More sustainable innovations, products and recycling of materials, TKF addresses this in cooperation with various customers
TKF will continue and maintain the dialogue on CSR with stakeholders in future.